How to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day

Woman signs for packages with a delivery person.

Image Source: Getty Images

Here’s how to get great deals and reap savings.

Important points

  • Amazon Prime Day will take place on July 12 and 13.
  • During that time, buyers could see that numerous transactions were declining – but it may not be all easy to get.

It may be fair to say that Amazon Prime Day is the most anticipated shopping event of the year. This year, the two-day event is scheduled for July 12 and 13, and over the course of those 48 hours, consumers will have the opportunity to get deals on hundreds of items, from toys to clothing to electronics.

Ideally, you have saved money before Prime Day so that you can benefit from those amazing deals without building up debt. (If not, you may have to skip Prime Day this year.) But hitting it big on Prime Day may also require the right strategy. Here’s how to make the most of those bargains once they start rolling in.

1. Do your research beforehand

You may have some big ticket items that you hope to get on Prime Day. If so, do yourself a favor and investigate them beforehand. This way you will be able to see if the prices advertised are really a bargain.

It also pays to see what other retailers are asking for the same items, or similar items, before Prime Day. This way you can make a quick comparison and know if you need to respond or succeed to an agreement.

2. Sign in for alerts

A big part of Prime Day is Amazon’s lightning deals. Think of these deals in the same way you would have Black Friday doorbusters. The savings tend to be substantial, but the amounts tend to be very limited. As such, if you do not act quickly on a lightning deal, you could end up losing.

Now, if you have a real day job to hold on to, you may not have the option to sit there and stare at your laptop screen waiting for transactions to stop. But what you can do is sign up for alerts using the Amazon application or Alexa. This way, you can be notified when specific items you want to go on sale.

Keep in mind that if you miss out on a lightning deal, you can sign up to join his waiting list. It may be that many consumers have added a lightning promotion item to their car and need time to consider that purchase. If some choose not to complete it, the item will be released and those on the waiting list will get first dibs.

3. Use the right credit card

You do not have to be an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card holder to shop on Prime Day. But it pays to use that credit card if you have it, or apply quickly if you do not have it.

Normally, that card gives users 5% on Amazon purchases. But on Prime Day you can get an extra 1% money back for a total of 6%. This is a great way to offset the cost of your purchases.

Although some people will tell you that Prime Day is exaggerated, the reality is that there are probably shall be savings you can reap. Use these tips to get the right purchases, avoid transactions, and get some great credit card rewards in the process.

Warning: the highest cash back card we’ve seen now has 0% intro APR until 2023

Using the wrong credit or debit card can cost you serious money. Our expert loves this top choice, which includes a 0% intro APR until 2023, an insane cash return of up to 5%, and all in one way or another for no annual fee.

In fact, this card is so good that our expert even uses it personally. Click here to read our full review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.

Read our free review

Related Posts